Violation of the rights of national minorities in Ukraine from May to August 2020
- Кол-во страниц:
- 697.9 КБ
In April 2020, the Information and Analytical Review “Violation of the Rights of National Minorities in Ukraine” was prepared and disseminated. This review covered the period from May 2019 to April 2020. In connection with the continuing practice of violating the rights of national minorities in Ukraine, a new review was prepared on the same issue for the period from May 2020 to the end of August 2020.
The review addresses the following issues:
- violations of the rights of national minorities by representatives of state authorities and officials, problems of individual ethnic communities;
- violations of political and civil rights affecting the interests of national communities;
- cases of discrimination against Ukrainian citizens on the basis of language in various spheres of public life and in everyday life;
- incitement of interethnic hatred, use of hate speech, manifestations of xenophobia and anti-Semitism;
- restriction of freedom of speech, political censorship.
In addition to the analysis of information collected on the basis of a comprehensive monitoring of Ukrainian and foreign media and Internet publications, the review contains evaluative statements of well-known Ukrainian political experts, as well as author's comments on a number of the issues raised.